Monday, March 18, 2013

1.4 - Looking for Love

Summer was trying to hold on till tonight. In just hours, she would find out if Cole had forgiven her. She hoped he would. She desperately needed someone who would show her love.
Wendy was looking for love too. One of her coworkers,Kenyon Cheatham had asked her out to dinner.

Wendy was extremely excited. Kenyan was handsome, funny, and the most popular news broadcaster in the county. 

Kenyan arrived and quickly gave Wendy a kiss on the cheek. 
"Hello Beautiful, how has your day been?" he gestured to head inside.

"It was fantastic. I was given a raise."
"That's lovely. Wendy, I know this is sudden but I leave for New York tomorrow morning and I would love it if would be the last woman I see. I promise I'd make it worth your while."

She was shocked. They had eaten lunch together before and flirted a bit but this came out of nowhere.

"But..Kenyan. Why?"
"Because I believe you are the hottest thing to ever cross my path and I cannot let you get away without me getting a piece of you. C'mon Baby, you do this little favor for me and I promise you will be a co-anchor before your birthday."

Wendy considered the offer. One night and she would be set for the rest of her life. Why not?

"You better keep your promise."
She pressed her lips against his, and wrapped her fingers through his hair. 
"So where are we going?"
"Follow me..." he said heading for the elevator.

Wendy was beginning to feel a bit nervous, but she stuffed her feeling down and stepped inside.
Summer tried to concentrate on her homework but she was too nervous. Her parents were just getting ready for bed and it was already 11 o'clock. What if she was late? Would Cole wait for her? Would Cole even be there or would he stand her up because of what she has said? So many questions ran through her mind.
Summer peeked into her parents bedroom and was relieved to see them fast asleep.
Now all she needed to do was to catch a cab to the play-park.

Cole sat on the park bench. She was half an hour late. Had she changed her mind? Why was she playing with him like this?
Summer finally arrived and they embraced in a friendly hug.
"I am so glad you're here," Summer sighed "I was worried you weren't going to show up."

"Me too." Cole whispered.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I had to wait for my parents to fall asleep."

"Summer, I really like you but you have already caused me a lot of stress. So, I need to know, do you like me? Or do you enjoy making me jump through hoops?"

"Cole, I do like you. It's just that I am having a really hard time at home right now."

"Why won't you tell me anything about it?"

"It's hard. But I promise I will explain one day."
"Okay, but no more secrets okay?"

"Alright, now let's sit down and enjoy the evening."

The teens sat on the grass and stared at the stars. They shared stories of life and laughed together. Summer felt at peace for the first time in a long time. Here with Cole, no one wanted her to be perfect and no one yelled at her.
Cole leaned over and whispered in Summer's ear,

"Summer, will you go to prom with me?"
Summer beamed.

"Of course! Of course I will!"
Cole stood up and wrapped summer in his arms.

Summer stared at his big eyes and felt a warmth come over her. She leaned forward and kissed him.
Summer pulled away and looked at the ground shyly.

"I..I'm sorry."

"Don't be. That was the best kiss I have ever had."

"I...I have to go. Goodbye Cole. I'll see you at prom."

Summer ran back home and quickly slipped into bed. She was warm and happy but she was also worried. The good things in her life didn't seem to stay long and felt like it was only a matter of time before this would come to an end.

---------

Wooo! I've written 5 chapters! That doesn't seem like a lot but dang am I tired! I really hope you guys like my story. I'm still worried I'll only have like, 5 consistent readers. But that's just me being paranoid. Still! Read, comment and share with friends! Heck, just comment. It makes me lonely if you don't.

So to the 30 of you reading, I love you! Please check back soon because I am on a roll! I won't stop until I get 10 chapters and feel like I've actually made some progress. 






















3 comments:

  1. Oh, geez. Cole seems a little creepy and clingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see Summer finding a little respite from her home life, she deserves it. I just hope she doesn't rush into something with Cole simply as an escape.

    And congrats on five chapters. And again, don't worry about the readers, you're doing just fine. Many of us only have a few dedicated readers, but others who will read occasionally. Getting comments is fun, isn't it!

    ~Margaret Pendragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as WEndy is a bitch, I feel bad that that skeez Kenyan is going to use her like that.'
    Unless I'm reading that wrong, but Kenyan is giving off the skeeezy vibe, and I don't think he means to keep his promise.

    It's nice that Summer has Cole.

    ReplyDelete