Wednesday, March 13, 2013

0.0 - Prologue

"We have to live in this?" cried Wendy Rain. "But it's a dump! Why did we have to move?"

"Because Dear, people of our kind are not welcome in Starlight Shores." sighed Mrs. Bessie Rain.


"I dunno, it's not that bad. It could be worse." Summer remarked, looking at their new apartment building.

Summer would be moving out once she became an adult so it's not like she had to love the building. She imagined it now, a small house with room for her and her easel. An artist's cottage overlooking some type of beautiful landscape. Best of all, she wouldn't have to spend every day with her condescending sister and criticizing mother.  A short amount of time and a lack of funds were the only things stopping her from leaving right now.


Back in Starlight Shores, the Rain family was in high regards.  Summer's mother was a rising politician while her father was an award-winning journalist. Her sister was valedictorian, class president, and never had a G.P.A. less than perfect. They were the ideal family to those outside the home. Then, the new mayor discovered their family's secret.    


They were genies. Well, Russel and Wendy are. When they were found out, the Mayor banished them for being freaks. So, the Rain family had to move. They chose a town where they knew they would fit in. Jericho was full of sims with supernatural abilities. Plus, almost all the residents had colorful skin too. (Starlight Shores did not. The only reason the Rains' weren't banished sooner was because doing so would be racist.)

The exhausted family sat down for dinner and then went straight to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.


-------

Very short, I know. I promise later chapters will be MUCH longer. 

Well, this is my first crack at a legacy so criticism would be much appreciated. Just try not to make me cry :)  

I feel the need to credit the AMAZING creator of Jericho, Simsample. However, I do not promise to credit the creators of all my CC. Mostly because there is a ton and I could never track down all of it again. From now on, any CC i download, I will credit. Sorry to the creators I can't. If it bothers you that much, post a comment and I will credit you :)

Well, that's all for now. It takes me a while to write these chapters but hopefully I will be adding more real soon. 

  



7 comments:

  1. Aaaw I feel sorry for them, being kicked out of town just for being genies. (I LIKE Genies. They're cool!) But it does make for an interesting prologue to your first generation. Summer's a sweet heir, and I can't wait to read more about her. : )

    Gread start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The only reason the Rains' weren't banished sooner was because doing so would be racist." Lol, and kicking someone out for being a genie is totally, 100%, not racist... :p

    I like it so far :D I like families with some kind of trait in the founding generation that you can follow, like skintone and supe-status. Will be interesting to see how watered down it gets over the generations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being kicked out of town does suck! But your legacy is off to an interesting start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your start! Can't wait to see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting start...can't wait to see how the family progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband walked past the computer while your blog was up and he said Summer has cool hair color :)

    The bit about "it would have been racist" made me LOL.

    So I'm just getting started on your legacy now that this hellacious school week is finally over and done with. I'll probably read a few chapters at a time until I get caught up.

    Great start!

    ~Margaret Pendragon

    ReplyDelete