Sunday, March 17, 2013

1.2 - Full of Anger

The next morning, things appeared to be back to normal. Wendy worked on her improving her writing skill before she had to leave for her first day of work, and Bessie continued her morning workout routine. Everyone was awake and ready for another day.
Well, almost everyone. Princess Summer refused to wake up. She had no desire to leave her room and face her mother again. So, she would wait for the Royal B to leave the house and then she would get ready for school.
Russel didn't want to wait to say goodbye to his beloved. The two of them had become inseparable over the years. Every chance they had, they spent in each others arms. 

"I love you Bessie." He whispered in her ear and he hugged her.
"I love you too"

Bessie gave him a big kiss (much to the cats disgust) before changing and heading out the door.
It was also time for Wendy to leave. She changed into her crisp new uniform and felt like she was going to cry.

"I can't believe this! The outfit is hideous!" 
The two women left for work and Russel went back to his computer to finish up an article about the town's new pet store. Apparently, it was the only store in the county that sold colorful rainbow pets, much to the resident's delight. 
Summer finally woke up with just enough time to work on her homework. However, she didn't get much done due to the fact that she was still upset with her mother.
"I cannot believe she can be so shallow! All I was doing was visiting the art meuseum and she throws a giant fit about me being a disgrace to the family! I can't wait until I leave. I freaking hate it here! Ugh. Screw her. I'll do what I want."
Summer packed up her gear and headed out for school, leaving Russel home alone. He didn't have to be in the office today so he took the opportunity to head out to town. At the park there wasy a young man and Russel decided to interview him for a new story.

"Hello sir, My name is Russel Rain would you mind if I asked you a few question?"

"Well, I guess not."
Instead of heading straight home, Summer decided to go to the hangout that was just down the street from the school. She was ecstatic when she found the whack-a-gnome machine and enjoyed pretending the little gnomes were her angry mother.
"You never let me have any fun!" -whack-
"You want me to be perfect like Wendy but I don't want to!" -whack-
"I hate you!" -whack-
"GRRRRRRR!"
After blowing off some steam, Summer decided to head upstairs and work on her homework. She was almost finished when a face appeared.

"Mind if I join you?" Cole asked.

"Do I really have a choice?"

"No, not really" he said as he sat down.
"So what's up? I really thought I'd see you at the art meeting today."

Summer sighed, "Yeah, sorry I just wasn't really in the mood."

"Well why not?"
"I've got some stuff going on at home," she said quickly trying to change the subject.

"We've all got problems at home. How bad could it be?"

Summer laughed but never answered his question.
"Well then, if you don't wanna talk how about we ball?" 

Summer giggled, "Ya sure. But be prepared to lose."

"Oh you're on!"
"Well come on Summer! Show me these mad skills you got."

Summer threw the ball up the ramp and landed a perfect bulls-eye. 
Summer squealed with joy. 

"Luck shot," Cole grumbled. "I'm still gonna win!"
The teens tossed the balls up the ramp over and over again. Summer threw 9,000 points while Cole only threw 6,000.

"Well crap! I did not just lose to a girl!" Cole shouted in frustration.

"Hey, don't feel too bad you beat the lowest score by 200 points" Summer teased.
" Hey Summer, can I ask you a question?" Cole said seriously.

Summer took a deep breath. "Sure..."
"I really like you Summer. Would you want to go out on a date sometime?"
"I really would Cole, but I can't."
Cole flipped out, "What do you mean you can't? Why not! You live in the same town and you obviously have a bunch of free time or else you wouldn't even be here!"

Summer was shocked. Cole seemed like such a nice guy. How could he yell at her like this?
Cole turned away without waiting for an answer. He felt like someone had just ran over his heart with a bulldozer. 
Summer just stood there as he walked away.
When Summer went home she couldn't stop thinking about how upset Cole had been. She snuck inside her house and quickly wrote a note. 

Dear Cole,
I'm really sorry. I do like you. My mother would kill me if she found out I liked a boy. But, I'm willing to give it a chance if you don't mind sneaking around. Meet me at the play-park Thursday at midnight.

Sincerely, Summer Rain 

Summer tucked the note into the mailbox and quietly slipped into bed.


-------

I used a pose for Summer. Its a Dry Your Eyes pose pack by Nigalkins. I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot. Oh and.....
Tootsie: Goodbye, goodbye cruel cruel world!
Haha he is so cute. 




















3 comments:

  1. Uh oh! Summer is a trouble maker. ;) Good. She's just behaving like...a normal teenager. Not even a bad teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whack-a-gnome was perfect for taking out her frustrations on her mother. Cole was a little surprising. After all he'd only run into her after school those 2 times, why flip out like that?

    ~Margaret Pendragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Summer took out her frustration on the gnomes! I really like her so far. :D

    ReplyDelete