Tuesday, April 2, 2013

1.9 - Hello & Goodbye

Summer was getting fed up with this crying baby. She hadn't slept at all last night and no matter what he did, Manu was never happy. Luckily, it was only a few hours before Cole would show up and she could have an amazing night. The only problem was now she had to explain why there was an infant in her bedroom.

"I really hate you right now." She whispered to the air.
Cole showed up and Summer rushed to meet him outside.

"Cole! I'm so happy you're here! I've missed you so much."
"I've missed you too Summer. I hope you've been feeling alright. I really don't want to make you worry."
"Well actually, there is one thing I need to tell you." Summer choked out the words. She was so nervous. Would he still stay if there was a baby present?
"What is it Summer? What could have possibly happened in a few days?"
Summer tried to say it lightly but instead it all poured from her mouth.

"My sister had a baby and because she is so obsessed with her reputation she dumped it on me! It feels like I haven't slept in ages! I am so tired and I have no idea how I am going to handle raising a baby!"

Cole was absolutely stunned.
"A....a baby? Why did she give it to you?"

"I have no clue. But I can't just give him away. He is my family."

"Summer, a baby is a big responsibility. Are you sure you can handle this?"
"I don't know but I have to try. Cole, are you still going to stay with me?"

"I will keep my promise Summer."

"Will you hold him? He will be your son one day."
Cole didn't say anything. He just nodded and followed Summer to the crib.
Summer put Manu into Cole's arms. She was still nervous about all of this. If Cole couldn't accept Manu, how could she ever hope to have a normal family?
"I was hoping you were kidding. But you aren't. This is an actual baby..."
"Yeah Cole. He is. Cole, can we please go to bed? I really want to have a wonderful night."

Cole put Manu back in his bed and went over to Summer. He gave her a kiss and let her to the bed. 

"We will have a wonderful night." He promised.
He left early in the morning. She only had time to say goodbye and take a quick photo before he ran off. Instead of crying like she wanted to, Summer went back to bed and fell asleep, alone.
The next morning, Summer decided to go down to the consignment store and sell of her artwork in order to buy toys for Manu. His birthday was very soon and if he was going to grow up well, he would need some educational toys.
It wasn't easy, dragging Manu along everywhere, but eventually Summer got all of her errands done. Just in time for the little boy to become a bigger, little boy.
It may not look like it, but Summer could see the genius in her nephew. He loved to read. Especially art books.
He could entertain himself for hours, which gave her some time to catch up on sleep.
It also gave her time to work on her art. It was no longer a hobby, it was a job. If she didn't sell, Manu couldn't eat. So, she spent every moment of her free time working some type of project.
Summer had been feeling ill lately, but she figured it was just stress. She had a new baby, he boyfriend just left, and her sister had just gotten married. Her new husband had a child of his own already, but Wendy still refused to acknowledge the fact she had a son. I bet Kenyon had no idea his new wife was hiding something so big. It made Summer sick. Or at least that's what she told herself.
But honestly, hatred can't make someone want to vomit right? Maybe it can because Summer was about to hurl.
Summer ran to the bathroom and then rushed back to put Manu to bed. She looked at the baby and suddenly panicked. What if she was...
Summer was walking up the stairs when she suddenly felt filled with joy...
but after the hormone-induced joy came the very frightening panic.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry about the crappy pictures. It's hard for me to take pictures ahead of writing them. Oh and guess what? I'VE WRITTEN 10 CHAPTERS!!! WOOHOOOO!

8 comments:

  1. Grats on 10 chapters!

    So Manu's an artistic genius? That's actually a really cool combination, I might have to steal that for a future heir/spare.

    I think your pictures are fine, better than mine were when I started. At least you remembered to take pictures of the kid. :|

    I find that it helps to make a new save(called " pictures") every time someone ages up/a new kid is born. Then, I jot down events in a notepad file, which I then use to write my entries. I try to take pictures as I play(which gets easier with practice as you get used to what you want to write about), but if I find that a particular event has no pictures, I'll load that spare save and shoot the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That " pictures" was supposed to be "{legacy name} pictures" but I used angle brackets, which is apparently a no-no.

      Delete
    2. Sorry that I'm spamming your blog with comments(and probably your e-mail too! >_<) but there's no edit function, and I keep thinking of things to say. If I was going to have one criticism about your pictures, it would be that you tend to zoom out, giving an odd distortion(the middle of the picture seems to be very far away, compared to the sides...it's almost like a reverse fishbowl lens). The pictures you took of Summer almost puking on the baby are an example of this. It's not awful, but it's a pet peeve of mine, and a major reason why I hardly ever use the zoom out tool when I take pictures. It's sometimes a challenge to frame shots, but the distortion bothers me enough that it's worth it. That's probably just me though, it's honestly not a horribly bad thing. :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I noticed that too...Sometimes it's just really hard to get the shot I want so I say screw it! Thanks for the tips though. I really appreciate them and I appreciate you reading too! Let me know if you ever have an other thoughts.

      P.s. Yeah Manu is an artsy genius. I thinks it's great considering I didn't get to pick his traits.

      Delete
  2. Oh Summer, life can only get better from here... Right...?

    Well, I expected Cole to run off screaming when he saw the baby Summer was raising, but... Well, he's a boy, he has needs.
    I can't see him reacting well to this.

    Congrats on 10 chapters! Wooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your tenth chapter! WOO HOO! And what a chapter it was! I don't see Cole reacting well to more babies. Although, I expected him to go running at the first sign of Manu. Maybe things will work out ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "this is an actual baby" -ha. Why yes, Cole, yes it is. And how nice of you to get Summer knocked up and then leave (yeah yeah I know he doesn't know...but I still just don't like his attitude toward her).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't much like Cole's attitude either. =(

    ReplyDelete